[c-nsp] cisco-nsp Digest, Vol 53, Issue 81

alaerte.vidali at nsn.com alaerte.vidali at nsn.com
Fri Apr 27 18:12:27 EDT 2007

Hi Raman,

Yes, it works fine if that is your question.
But recently Cisco added a warm to not use values lower than 200ms for
RSVP hellos.
I could not get the exactly reason it was done. My bet is that some
customer complained about CPU usage and low priority when there are
instabilities on network burning CPU, which may cause false positives
when using value as low as 10ms for RSVP hellos.

Cisco released BFD for FRR. If you have it available on your
platform/IOS, better go on this way.
If not, just be aware of potential problems with low RSVP timers.

Configuration is very straightforward. Just global command and interface
command defining RSVP hello time and number of misses. I suggest stress
your network to verify if you do not have false positives.

What is the interface you want to use it?

Good Luck,

Alaerte

Message: 7