[c-nsp] Late night BGP puzzler [NC]

david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com david.ponsdesserre at sgcib.com
Wed Aug 1 03:40:02 EDT 2007

Which Ios are you using ? Are you using "bgp bestpath cost-community
ignore "

David Ponsdesserre
+44 207 762  4877
London Telecom and Network
Societe Generale Corporate and Investment Banking

elmi at 4ever.de
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
01/08/07 08:07

gunjan.gandhi at ericsson.com, cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
cc

Subject
Re: [c-nsp] Late night BGP puzzler

gert at greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 04:43:20PM +1000, Gunjan GANDHI (BR/EPA) wrote:
> >  Because ebgp routes are preferred over ibgp routes.
>
> Thats is a tie breaker if the MED is equal.  Which it isn't.
>
> So indeed this is puzzling.

I'd say his router wants to protect him from bad transit
*duck&run*

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.