[c-nsp] iphone, Cisco AP/WLC & web-auth

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Aug 3 14:56:14 EDT 2007

This sounds like an excuse for poor design on ciscos part. I have seen
numerous "web" portal auth systems for hotels, conferences and other
venues. When my laptop goes to sleep or needs to re auth I may get a
brief web redirect but other activity such as ssh and IMAP do not get
blocked. I would hope that folks start tuning their networks to not
annoy those PDA and iPhone users just to save a small bit of state
memory or disk space.

Jared mauch
jared at puck.nether.net