[c-nsp] Mysterious 2924 reboots

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Aug 5 22:56:46 EDT 2007

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

>> You're not running old code _without_ "no ip http server", are you?
>
> 	And both units do have "no ip http server". Should it be
> an issue?

The issue is that in some (many?) older IOS versions, there's a security
issue in the http server that allows authentication bypass.  In at least
some 2924 IOS versions, similar problems in the http server process will
cause the switch to crash/reload when someone probes it for the auth
bypass bug.  With "no ip http server" in the config, it would seem this is
not your issue.