[c-nsp] LR over MMF

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:51:28 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

  I have a very temporary need to bring up a 10g circuit between 2 cages in
a data-center.  I have some MMF in place I could use but the distance is
over 300m so SX won't quite cut it.  I was wondering if I could point some
LR optics across it and maybe it'd work for a bit.  I've read somewhere that
you can get about 550m use using LR and MMF.  I just don't want to incur the
expense of running SMF since this will be temporary.  I have other options
as well, but if I could get an LR-Xenpak working across this it would save
me alot of headache.  Anyone have a pointer to some good data?

Thanks!

--chip
--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....