[c-nsp] gigabit ports/modules for 7507 and 7513 routers

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Aug 7 10:03:46 EDT 2007

Ganbold wrote:

>> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:11:33PM +0800, Ganbold wrote:
>>
>>> What kind of Gigagit modules should I use for Cisco 7507 and 7513 routers?
>>> I appreciate if somebody give me some recommendations in this regard.
>>>
> Ok, I got it, will check GEIP+.
> We have 7507 in a border which is connected to peer with ATM modules
> right now and we are thinking
> to upgrade this link to gigabit link. So I guess I don't have any choice
> other than using GEIP+.

Keep in mind that you're likely limited to ~330Mbps per IP slot, so
you'll get nowhere near line rate GE.  I believe Rodney has said more
than once that 7500 GE solutions were engineered for SPs who were
standardizing on GE links within their POPs, not to provide a full
gigabit pipe for the platform.

pt