[c-nsp] gigabit ports/modules for 7507 and 7513 routers

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Aug 9 00:22:24 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 08 August 2007 06:05, Howard Leadmon wrote:

>  On that topic, does anyone know what type of real world
> throughput one should be able to get on the onboard GE
> ports?  I know they aren't limited by the PCI bus, as they
> are built in, but can they be run full bore, or anything
> close to it?

On a slightly similar note, the 7201 FAQ suggests the 4th
Gig-E port directly hangs off the PCI-X bus and can reach
wire speed for all packet sizes...

This would be interesting (if actually possible), but wonder
how much of this would be affected by (or would affect) the
CPU.

We are planning to deploy some 7201's in the network, and
would like to test this when we receive them. If anyone else
has already had the pleasure, please share.

Mark.