[c-nsp] Debugging dropped packets on a local SPAN/Monitor session on a 3560E?

Aaron Daubman daubman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:03:44 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a monitor session on a 3560E.  When SPANing
four ports (rx) to a single destination port, everything seems to be
working fine.  When SPANing six ports to the same destination, I see a
loss of around 1% of the traffic I'm trying to monitor.  All ports are
running at 1000-full, and the traffic on all the ports maxes out at
about 100Mb/s (Rx only...)

How can I best troubleshoot the drop?  So far I haven't seen any Input
Queue drops on the source ports - are there other counters I should be
watching?  Is there a way to see more detailed statistics on a monitor
session?

Thanks,
     ~Aaron