[c-nsp] IPCP associated default route

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Thu Aug 9 18:08:32 EDT 2007

David

Cant help on your specific question....but we're successfully using object
tracking to achieve (I think) the required result.

Dialer0 = Primary Link (DSL in this case)
Dialer1 = Secondary (ISDN...but still a dialer)

We track the "ip routing" state of Dialer 0. And attach that to the dialer0
default. With a higher cost default via Dialer1

So if PPP on dialer 0 fails...No address negotiated...track object goes
down. Default via Dialer1 takes over.

Don't have the config snippet to hand but from CCO :-

******
Perform this task to track the IP-routing state of an interface. An
IP-routing object is considered up when the following criteria exist:

.IP routing is enabled and active on the interface.

.The interface line-protocol state is up.

.The interface IP address is known. The IP address is configured or received
through the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) or IP Control
Protocol (IPCP) negotiation.
*******
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122
t/122t15/fthsrptk.htm#wp1040072