[c-nsp] ENVIRONMENT-3-RPS_FAILED ?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at paranoia.ru
Fri Aug 10 08:35:38 EDT 2007

Yesterday I had to reload one of our catalyst 2950T switches.
After reload next message started to appear in logs:

%ENVIRONMENT-3-RPS_FAILED: Faulty internal power supply detected

Unfortunately, nor cisco.com nor google does'nt know nothing
about this message - especially, is it concerning RPS (which
is not installed at the site at all) or 'internal power supply'
means 'the only power supply' of the switch, so we should prepare
to emergency replacement of that switch ?

PS: Switch is WS-C2950T-24, IOS: 12.1(22)EA9

SW070-001>show env all
Internal POWER supply is OK
RPS is NOT present