[c-nsp] Preventing IS-IS adjacencies over 1Q trunk

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Aug 16 15:20:47 EDT 2007

I have a situation with IS-IS that's perplexing me.  I have a pair of
core routers connected via an etherchannel.  The etherchannel is also a
1Q trunk.  The core routers have both routed connections to other
routers as well as common VLANs w/ HSRP for non-router devices.  My
intention was to build and IS-IS adjacency over the native VLAN on the
trunk.  However I noticed that both routers are building adjacencies
over 3 different VLANs that are permitted over that trunk.  All 3 SVIs
have IS-IS enabled on them.

I'm assuming that I probably shouldn't have IS-IS enabled on the SVIs
but is redistributing connected interfaces that appropriate solution?
I'm trying to eliminate as much redistribution as possible.  Is there a
better way to handle this?  I do need L2 between the chassis for the
non-routed links.

Thanks
  Justin