[c-nsp] NAT, dual WAN and a cisco router

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Fri Aug 17 09:20:35 EDT 2007

Hi Adrian,

I don't see any problem with this configuration. Implement a different NAT
pool on each WAN interface (assuming the two Internet connections are to two
different providers). If you can, get at least one upstream provider to send
you a default route via BGP. If that goes down, the router can fail over to
a static default route (configured with a higher metric) pointing to the
other provider.

Note that if the LAN is running any resources to which people connect from
outside the network (for example a mail server), you may need to find a way
to provide redundancy (for example, primary / secondary MX records).

Thanks,
Adam