[c-nsp] GEIP speed vs. GEIP+ speed.

Marcus Lasarko mlasarko at baltimorecountymd.gov
Fri Aug 17 10:10:02 EDT 2007

Greetings Troy,

IIRC the former GEIP is VIP2-50-based and the GEIP+ is VIP4-80-based. Having similar hardware architecture and data throughput capabilities would suggest ~ 300-400 Mbps "published", which I would interpret as 150-200 Mbps average depending upon your configuration (YMMV). I would also guesstimate throughput|capacity from a L3 switching perspective of approximately 100-120 Kpps for the GEIP. I think I read some caveats regarding memory and such, but I believe current code requirements have successfully mitigated these concerns.

HTH,
~M

>>> "Troy Beisigl" <troy at i2bnetworks.com> 8/16/2007 4:04 PM >>>
I know that Cisco states that the GEIP+ can do 800+Mpbs in the 7500 series
but I was not able to find anything about the GEIP. Knowing the limitation
of the VIP's speed, what could one expect to get out of the GEIP?

Thanks.

Troy