[c-nsp] PA-FE-TX vs PA-FE-TX/ISL

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Sun Aug 19 20:35:16 EDT 2007

 The card in the general sense may have been evil, and I know for a fact it
couldn't sustain the throughput that the normal FE boards were capable of, but
it was still an FE port, or at least the dual port ones were.

 I have the PA-2FE-TX/ISL board in a 7206VXR for many years, moving a lotta
bits, and honestly have to say I never had any real problems with it.  I used
it as a DSL agg router, and used the 2FE card to create a dot1q trunk back to
the switch it was connected into.

 Anyway that was just my experience with that board, but it will work as a
pair of FE ports for sure.   Needless to say I had no need for tokenring...

---
Howard Leadmon