[c-nsp] IP Q-in-Q Termination

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Aug 20 13:19:58 EDT 2007

 From CCO (at least on SB IOS):

"A subinterface that is configured with multiple inner VLAN IDs is called an ambiguous Q-in-Q subinterface. By allowing multiple
inner VLAN IDs to be grouped together, ambiguous Q-in-Q subinterfaces allow for a smaller configuration, improved memory usage,
and better scalability."

"The any keyword in the second-dot1q command is not supported on a subinterface configured for IPoQ-in-Q because IP routing is not
supported on ambiguous subinterfaces. Therefore, multiple values and ranges for the inner VLAN ID are not supported on IPoQ-in-Q."

--
Tassos