[c-nsp] Preventing IS-IS adjacencies over 1Q trunk

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Tue Aug 21 09:40:28 EDT 2007

Bruce Pinsky wrote:
>> But nothing necessarily wrong with redistributing the connected
>> (possibly along with a route-map filter), both options would produce
>> basically the same result.
>>

> I personally don't like the externals, but that's me.
>
>>> If your IOS version supports it, you could use the
>>> "advertise-passive-only" option in IS-IS.
>> Bruce, what do you mean? This reduces the ISIS IP prefixes to a minimum,
>> but not sure if it addresses Justin's goal..
>>

> My bad Oli....I was thinking he only cared about the VLAN interfaces not
> considering there were other active IS-IS speakers on the box.

Yeah, I've got quite a few routed interfaces with IS-IS adjacencies.
These SVIs are really one-offs that I want to eliminate.  I've set as
many SVIs as I can to passive.  Unfortunately I've got one that I'm
building an adjacency across that I have to rework.  It's causing 2
additional adjacencies between the 7600s, a L1 and a L2.

Thanks
  Justin