[c-nsp] QoS - questions

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Aug 21 12:05:36 EDT 2007

Jeff Tantsura <mailto:jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl> wrote on Tuesday, August
21, 2007 1:51 PM:

> Hi Oli,
>
> Thanks for your answers!!!
>
> Another question :)
>
> Migrating QoS config from 12K (12.0S) to 7200 (12.4T) I've found that
> configuration of LLQ class with "priority" without bandwidth keyword
> is not allowed anymore.
> Is this a trend we will see in later IOS releases?

Well, I fear so. I just checked, and priority without keyword seems to
be *only* present in 12.0S, all "mainline" train documentation I came
across mention "bandwidth" as a mandatory argument.
As far as I know, there are GSR linecards not supporting this, they need
"priority" without arguments and an independent policer. Confusing? Yes.
Sorry.

> P.S. Common, you are not that old, it's the feature sets growing more
> and more :)

guess so ;-)

	oli