[c-nsp] 6500 GE modules comparison

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Aug 22 09:04:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:55:29PM +0300, Kim Onnel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can i replace the WS-6748-GE-TX with WS-6548-GE-TX on a 6513 switch?
>
> someone told me that the 65xx has less features to the 67xx, please
> help me identify what are those lacking features?

	This depends on a lot of things.  Do you have the CFC or
a DFC?  Does the lack of access to the fabric matter to you?
What about the global switching mode?  compact/truncated, etc.. all
depend on the series of cards installed.

	If you're not pushing the limits, you'll likely not see an
issue.  If you expect to get close to line-rate from all the ports,
i'd stick with the 67xx series of cards.

Some commands that may help you decide, or help us with a recommendation:

show platform hardware pfc mode
show fabric switching-mode
show fabric utilization detail
show platform hardware capacity forwarding

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net