[c-nsp] Annex-M 877

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Wed Aug 22 18:43:23 EDT 2007

Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> Does anyone know if the 877 which supports Annex-M (3mb
> upstream on ADSL2+) is a software upgrade or a hardware
> specific device.

It's a hardware update - the old 877's can't support Annex M. The new
part number is CISCO877-M-K9 and it's the same price as the old one.

> I've seen 877-M mentioned, along with 1801-M and an ADSL
> WIC-M, but I don't know if these are special hardware releases or not.

Likewise for these - updated hardware. The 1801 is CISCO1801-M/K9.

Haven't come across the new HWIC yet - I don't think it's released.

The updated routers are available in .au.

Regards,
Brad