[c-nsp] Strange problem w/ 3560 and Linksys Switch

Garry Glendown garry at glendown.de
Sat Aug 25 00:47:46 EDT 2007

Aaron Riemer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Have you checked the arp table on switch b to see if the mac's already exist
> for the addresses you are attempting to ping? I had a similar problem and I

No, MAC address for that host isn't in the table ... with "debug arp" I
see the arp request being sent out on the appropriate VLAN, I see the
arp request coming in to switch A. No answer. Did a test from a
different place in the net (WAN), doing a ping to a once again unknown
IP (unknown to the router that the ping comes through), again I see the
arq requests being generated by the router, but no answer ...

I assume that the cause is somewhere in the Linksys, haven't had any
luck locating any useful information on the issue in neither the docs
nor the FAQs or google ...

tnx, -gg