[c-nsp] MLPPP over ATM

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Aug 29 06:34:29 EDT 2007

Well, the problem is I don't really have a config.  Here's what I have
the client side:

!
interface Multilink1
 ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252
 ppp multilink
 ppp multilink group 1
!
interface Serial0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 no fair-queue
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0.1 point-to-point
 frame-relay interface-dlci 16 ppp Virtual-Template1
  class mlp
!
interface Serial1
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial1.1 point-to-point
 frame-relay interface-dlci 16 ppp Virtual-Template1
  class mlp
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 no ip address
 ppp multilink
 ppp multilink group 1
!
map-class frame-relay mlp
 frame-relay cir 32000
 frame-relay bc 300
 frame-relay be 0
!

I'm missing the configuration on the remote side pretty much entirely.
This is what I have (which is pretty much the same as a DSL config) at
the moment:

interface ATM0/0/0.5051
 pvc 5/101
  encapsulation aal5snap

I've tried using 'aal5mux ppp Virtual-Template1' as the encapsulation,
but no success.  Any assistance you could provide on the access
concentrator config would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
evt