[c-nsp] BGP hardware requirements

Reuben Farrelly reuben-cisco-nsp at reub.net
Thu Aug 30 05:36:53 EDT 2007

Feature Navigator is wrong, then.  BGP is already available in IPBASE for the
ISRs but only in the T train:

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/prod_release_note09186a00804a19a2.html#wp1451994

Where it states that:

-----
BGP in IP Base
BGP is available in the "IP base" software package in Cisco IOS Release
12.4(11)T for Cisco 1841, Cisco 2800 family, and Cisco 3800 family routers.
-----

I hope that IPv6 soon becomes part of 'IPBASE' too, if we're ever supposed to
actually use it on the Internet :-)

My test 1841 with 384M of DRAM took a full BGP table "just for fun" the other
week and lived to tell.  Mind you I didn't throw too many tricky things at it,
but, it certainly stood up fine and functioned reasonably OK for the few hours I
had the full table loaded on it.

Reuben