[c-nsp] BGP path preference

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Aug 30 11:07:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Andy Dills wrote:

> Don't forget that you can prepend incoming announcements as well as
> outgoing announcements.
>
> For instance, to account for the fact that there is essentially an
> extra AS in your transit path to 3356, you might just prepend a
> single 22773 to everything Cox announces you.

This is what I'd do (and have done before) to even things out.  Some would
argue that when prepending received routes in a route-map, you should
prepend with your own ASN.  I've found it less confusing to prepend that
provider's ASN.  AFAIK, either works, and the latter certainly does as
it's what I've done.