[c-nsp] GSR 12008 temp issue

Chris Lane clane1875 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 08:31:49 EDT 2007

Hello
We have a GSR12008 and we just inserted a single 3 port GigE card. Since
insertion i keep getting this error
%ENV_MON-2-TEMP: Hotpoint temp sensor(slot 2) temperature has reached
CRITICAL level at 70(C)
I have searched the doc's and the all point to this:

Error Message

%ENV_MON-2-TEMP : [chars] temperature has reached [chars] level at [dec](C)

Explanation    The temperature sensor specified has reached a warning or
critical level and has reached or exceeded a condition that is outside its
acceptable range.

Recommended Action    Attempt to resolve the temperature problem. If the
problem cannot be resolved, contact your Cisco technical support
representative for assistance.
here is the environmental output
cr.nyc2.ny# show environment temperatures
Slot #  Hot Sensor      Inlet Sensor
         (deg C)          (deg C)
1       55.5            41.5
2       71.0            41.0