[c-nsp] BGP hardware requirements

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Fri Aug 31 11:24:19 EDT 2007

I agree on Mark's assessment for memory upgrade.
If you are concerned about cost, you can find third party memory from
kingston or some other well-known manufacturers.
It is good idea to upgrade memory to max, so you don't have to shutdown
the router to upgrade it again.
Also, BGP may use lots of memory with BGP prefix number increase, and/or
sudden BGP routing leakage from public Internet.
So it's good to have memory upgrade to max when you have a chance.

Hyun