[c-nsp] Question about "show sdm prefer" command output on Cat3560G

Alex A. Pavlenko lex at sandy.ru
Mon Dec 3 07:13:52 EST 2007

Dear colleagues!

Consider simple output of "show sdm prefer" command on cat3560G
LOP3-1#sh sdm pref
 The current template is "desktop default" template.
 The selected template optimizes the resources in
 the switch to support this level of features for
 8 routed interfaces and 1024 VLANs.
...the rest is omitted
The question is what does "8 routed interfaces" exactly mean?
Is it a maximum number of SVIs or routed ports that I can configure on a
switch?
What happens when I configure 9 or more SVIs?

Thanks.
Alex.