[c-nsp] MTBF for Cisco products

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Mon Dec 3 13:54:37 EST 2007

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> (nor, in fact, for the additional money that they have to spend
> on smartnet, as under this scheme smartnet becomes a required, rather
> than an optional, purchase)

Actually, it isn't a required purchase, you can buy hardware maintenance from
others, perhaps including a software support component, and there is a thriving
market in grey channel parts - which indeed can be put on maintenance.

Since I am not equipping a nuclear submarine or a ballistic missile or a
satellite, I do not require equipment with really expensive MIL-SPEC components.