[c-nsp] Question about "show sdm prefer" command output on Cat3560G

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Dec 3 18:00:38 EST 2007

jlewis at lewis.org skrev man, 03 dec 2007:
> I've got 3550-48's running with nearly all ports running as L3 routed
> ports.  It'd be nice if there were some way to examine TCAM usage and see
> what sort of shape these switches are in.  All I know is, they're working.

AFAIK a L3 routed port is no different from a SVI in terms of TCAM
usage. The switch uses an internal VLAN ("show vlan internal usage")
for each routed port.

The 3560 has the "show platform tcam usage" command to show you
ressource usage. I doesn't seem there's any easy way for a 3550, but
there's a guide here:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swacl.html#wp1188035
http://www.tinyurl.dk/2403

TCAM Usage chapter at bottom. Anybody know of an easier way?

Regards,
Peter Rathlev