[c-nsp] Ethernet over Coax

Brandon Price brandon at sterling.net
Tue Dec 4 14:35:27 EST 2007

We used ReadyLinks Coax to Ethernet bridge model CEB-401

http://www.ready-links.com

We had coax between the buildings but didn't want to pay to have fiber
pulled.

The throughput is great, certainly near 100mpbs the only problem was
That particular model has a really small MAC table, so random machines
would keep dropping off the link. I just placed Cisco 3640s on both ends
of the coax and renumbered the workstations and its been rock solid ever
since.

I wouldn't recommend it as your first option, but it works great and
saved us from spending a bunch of money pulling fiber.

Brandon