[c-nsp] Inconsistent vlan (6500, spanning tree)

noble.tn at aol.in noble.tn at aol.in
Wed Dec 5 10:54:09 EST 2007

I did not see anything problematic from the configuration. Here is few
possible options that you may want to look at.

1) Use UDLD on all 4 ports involved in the trunk. If there any problem with
fiber/sfp, it should erro disable the port and prevent both ports from
forwarding due to error.
2) Try allowing explicitly VLAN 1 also over both trunks.
3) Try an ether channel combining both the primary and backup links if you
are not so specific to keep one link as back up always.
4) Try configuring the spanning tree root primary and secondary for all the
VLANs

Thank you,

-Noble