[c-nsp] Fwd: 12.SR vs 12.2SX train

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Sun Dec 9 00:56:32 EST 2007

>I have reviewed:
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/prod_bulletin0900aecd805df25d.html
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_bulletin0900aecd80628341.html
>but am looking for a Cisco page that would be a line by line comparison of
>the two versions, where I can see hardware features (i.e. RSP720, CSG-2,
>Baldur, etc.) and software features (OSPF graceful restart, BFD VRF, VSS,
>etc.) and which train will support which feature and when they plan to
>support it or not at all.
>
>I have seen various PDFs that have bits and pieces of this puzzle (6500 &
>7600 roadmaps), but no single document that compares one to the other on a
>line by line basis.
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks,
>Hank

Following up my own posting:

I have checked Feature Navigator:
http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp
I selected search by feature and selected OSPF Graceful Restart but for
some reason it doesn't find the SX or SR trains.  Only when doing an IOS
version comparison of 2 versions side by side does it find SX and SR trains.

Oh well.

-Hank