[c-nsp] Cisco BGP received community

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Dec 12 04:18:31 EST 2007

Mark Tech <> wrote on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:03 AM:

> Hi
>   How can I see what BGP communities are being sent to me via BGP on
> a Cisco box. With Foundry I can use the command 'sh ip bgp neighbors
> xx.xx.xx.xx routes detail' and the output will give me detailed
> information including what communities are being sent i.e.

If you are rewriting attributes on ingress, you need to enable
soft-reconfiguration and look at the received entries (i.e. "sh ip bgp
<prefix>" and take a look at the path marked as "received only").
Enabling this can have memory implications depending on the # of routes
received by the peer (as the router needs to store an extra copy of each
path)..

	oli