[c-nsp] unwanted "arp reply" traffic at IX

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Dec 12 19:10:35 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 02:23:57AM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 12:33:55AM +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> > Router#sh run | i prox
> > ip arp proxy disable
> > Router#sh run int g0/1 | i prox
> > Router#sh ip int g0/1 | i Prox
> >   Proxy ARP is enabled
> >
> > I've verified that proxy ARP is actually disabled. Just opened a
> > TAC case for that.

Actually, Cisco now refuses to fix this. The DDTS ID I got at first was
wrong too (not even for IOS).

Cisco's (at least "the developers, tech leads and escalations engineers"
final word is that this behaviour is not a bug but intended behaviour.

SR #607332831 for anyone who has more weight to cluebat them
appropriately. I'm giving up.

Best regards,
Daniel (shaking head in deep disbelieve how disconnected some vendors
are from real world users)