[c-nsp] Cisco ASA pix and ospf

Arne Larsen arl at nordicom.tele.dk
Fri Dec 14 02:45:06 EST 2007

Hi Folks.

I need some help here. Can anyone figure this out.

The setup is like this.:

172.17.2.0/25                                                                                       172.17.2.128/25

--------------------- >  172.16.0.0/16 for dial in users via radius   ß--------------------

Router 1 ------ area 1                                                                        --------  router 1-1 area 1

                      |                     Area 0                                                 |

                      |                                                                               |

                      |------ PIX 1 ---IPSEC Tunnel with ospf ---- PIX 2 --------|

                      |                                                                               |

Router  2  ----- area 2                                                                        --------- router 2-1 area 2

192.168.188.0/25                                                                                 192.168.188.128/25

-------------- --------->  172.28.0.0/16 for dial in users via radius   ß--------------------

I'm using 2 ASA pix to setup a IPsec tunnel between 2 to networks.

I'm transporting ospf trough this tunnel.

The routers are as5300 dial-in access servers using large scale dial in and out.

In the ospf process on the pix I'm matching routes from area 1 and 2 via prefix lists.

My problem is I'm seeing routes from area  in area 2 and visa versa.

I have tried both ways in and out in the ospf process, but with no luck.

Can it give problems using the same area on both sites ??

/Arne