[c-nsp] Control Plane Policing on 7206VXR/NPE-G2.. - Arrgh a crash..

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Sun Dec 16 03:55:50 EST 2007

On (2007-12-15 09:26 -0500), Howard Leadmon wrote:

>  Has anyone used a cpp on the 7606/NPE-G2?  If so, did it work OK?  Heck and
> if it worked, care to share what you have done, so maybe I can implement
> something that actually works and doesn't crash everything.  I guess for now
> I'll just run it without one..

I run CoPP on many 760x's, if you ment 760x or NPE-G2. If you mean
7206VXR/NPE-G2, then answer is no. I can't run CoPP in any other platform
than PFC3x based platforms, as MPLS labels aren't popped before CoPP
evaluation, meaning, with explicit-null, nothing can be protected
with CoPP.
Your case looks like software bug, no doubt. You might want to look
at crashinfo, or at very least feed it to output intepreter and
open TAC Case. You may also want to give 12.2(31)SB10 a go.

--
  ++ytti