[c-nsp] Cisco 1841 Router CRC errors

Paul - Talk Talk paul.stainton at talktalk.net
Mon Dec 17 16:12:25 EST 2007

We have upgrade our lease line from 4mb copper to 10mb fibre which meant we
had to change our router.

The old router was a Cisco 2620 and the new Router is a Cisco 1841.

Between the Cisco Router and our Cisco 3550 layer three switch is a
bandwidth management box, which is an Allot NetEnforcer AC-402.

On the old the old set-up using the Cisco 2620 everything worked fine.

On the new set-up with the Cisco 1841 we are seeing a lot of CRC errors
until the whole thing falls over.

>From our side nothing has changed except the router which was supplied by
the ISP.

We did find out that the FE0/0 interface on the Cisco 1841 was set to auto,
but this has now been set to Full Duplex 100mb which matches the Allot
NetEnforcer.

Taking the NetEnforcer out and connecting to the Cisco 1841 directly to the
Cisco 3550 stops the errors, but as said before switching back to the Cisco
2620 also stops the errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paul Stainton

  _____

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 620 Spam messages and set aside 0
Newsletters for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  www.ellaforspam.com