[c-nsp] Access Point & 2 SSID's Trunked to Vlan's

Fred Reimer freimer at ctiusa.com
Tue Dec 18 15:47:40 EST 2007

This is incorrect.  You don't get "fast" roaming, such as may be required
for some protocols like VoIP, but you will not get "disconnected" by the
common use of the term.  You are of course disassociated from one AP and you
need to reassociate to another AP.  However, it would depend on what kind of
authentication you are doing as to whether this would "disconnect" the
client.

The client makes the decision on when to roam, but an AP can of course
forcefully disassociate a client.  You can configure the power settings for
each radio in an AP.

Fred Reimer, CISSP, CCNP, CQS-VPN, CQS-ISS
Senior Network Engineer
Coleman Technologies, Inc.
954-298-1697