[c-nsp] OT: How do you fight spam in your enterprise? I need help

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu Dec 20 01:55:55 EST 2007

On 20/12/2007, at 4:15 PM, Pablo Almido wrote:

> You could buy appliances from Cisco  "Ironport". I heard that the
> largest ISP's in the world use it.

IronPort may be owned by Cisco, but the IronPort appliances are not a
Cisco product.

One of the conditions negotiated by IronPort was that IronPort would
remain "independant" of Cisco, i.e. they would not be renamed or
merged into Cisco, and IronPort would continue to supply their own
products and services.

Therefore, if you buy an IronPort, you are buying an IronPort, not a
Cisco.