[c-nsp] OT: How do you fight spam in your enterprise? I need help

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Thu Dec 20 03:32:02 EST 2007

Barracuda is fine if you are running a corporate network, but it's
impossible if your an ISP, there's no possible way you can ever
recoup the money needed for it from selling public mailboxes when
people can go to gmail and yahoo and get free mailboxes.

Most ISP's run mailservers to help contain customers.  The idea is
if you keep them off of gmail, they won't be pitched as often by
your competitors.

If you don't have the money for Barracuda then there are some lower
cost answers.

The obvious one is to run a Linux or FreeBSD server in front of
the exchange server that is running Spamassassin and filters mail
before it gets to the Exchange server.

Ted