[c-nsp] "show interface summary " question

Ziad Majzoub ziadnet at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:05:53 EST 2007

Hello;
Based on the below output of the "show interface sum", I'm doing "clear
counter" but I'm still seeing locally the exact number of packets in the
IHQ... does this means that these packets are stuck somewhere in the queue ?

the hardware is "2 port adapter Enhanced FlexWAN " with  "POS PA, 2 port,
PA-POS-2OC3"
locally#sh int sum | i OS

 *: interface is up
 IHQ: pkts in input hold queue     IQD: pkts dropped from input queue
 OHQ: pkts in output hold queue    OQD: pkts dropped from output queue
 RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
 TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)
 TRTL: throttle count

  Interface               IHQ   IQD  OHQ   OQD  RXBS RXPS  TXBS TXPS TRTL

* POS1/1/0                18     0    0     0 40015000  15719 29307000
6676    0

NOTE that if you do the same command on "4-subslot SPA Interface
Processor-400" with "SPA-1XOC48POS/RPR"

#sh int sum | i OS

 *: interface is up
 IHQ: pkts in input hold queue     IQD: pkts dropped from input queue
 OHQ: pkts in output hold queue    OQD: pkts dropped from output queue
 RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
 TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)
 TRTL: throttle count

  Interface               IHQ   IQD  OHQ   OQD  RXBS RXPS  TXBS TXPS TRTL
* POS1/1/0                 0     0    0     0 92000   88 61549000  15328
0

Good day !
regards;