[c-nsp] 7600 SRA vs. SRB

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Dec 26 09:45:45 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

We're running 12.2(33)SRB1 on a couple of 7600/Sup720's acting as core
switches in an MPLS network. We've recently seen strange symptoms where
traffic apparantly crosses VRFs unexpectedly, although we don't have
enough data to say for sure. Reload solved the problem both times it
occurred.

We're about to upgrade to SRB2 and see if the problem continues, but are
thinking about using SRA instead. I can see the SRA6 earned the "Limited
Deployment" tag, but I'm unsure if this is better or worse or neither
compared to "Early Deployment". Can anyone shed some light on that?

We can live without the SRB features (according to Feature Navigator).

Regards,
Peter Rathlev