[c-nsp] 7600 SRA vs. SRB

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Fri Dec 28 06:54:08 EST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007 11:33 PM, Rooney, Randy <Randy.Rooney at integratelecom.com> wrote:
> Agreed, SRB2 seems to have fixed the high CPU bug during large BGP
> updates but SRB2 has significant problems with SIP-400. At least in our
> environment any box with 6704 and SIP-400 w SPA-OC48 is affected. TAC
> still working on a bug fix. If you have any SIP-400s then I would stay
> away from SRB2.

Thanks for the input. We only have 6700 LAN cards w/o DFCs in the
affected boxes. We might be planning to begin using a SPA-IPSEC-2G
though, and will have to test if the SPA Carrier-400 also has problems
with SRB2. :-|

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 15:11 -0300, Leonardo Gama Souza wrote:
> Theorically a limited deployment is more stable than an early
> deployment, but if I were you, I would wait for SRA7....

Yeah, strange about the ED=>LD transition. As far as I knew, ED would
never become LD/GD and always stay ED. And LD was the designation for a
major release until GD. And SRA7 should be there soon I guess; it has
been about 2-3 months between SRA releases the last year.

Thanks all!

Regards,
Peter Rathlev