[c-nsp] End-to-end up/down awareness for EoMPLS on VLAN

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Thu Feb 1 08:51:02 EST 2007

Well, there is the "ethernet oam remote-failure" command, but appears
only to be supported on :

3750ME:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5532/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080773002.html

76xx SIP/SPA modules:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps368/module_installation_and_configuration_guides_chapter09186a0080523f4a.html

I'm sure there are more , not sure if this will work for subinterfaces
though.

BFD produces changes in a supported BFD routing protocol (such as OSPF),
I've asked before about some kind of "native" BFD which can inform a
tracker (such as BFD for static routing) but have had no responses on this.

SAA from CE->CE across the path would probably be the best bet IMHO.

Dave.