[c-nsp] PVC Bridge

Frank Kempermann cisco-nsp at kempermann.de
Fri Feb 2 19:14:35 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm searching for a solution to bridge ATM VC's per Layer2. My question is:
is it possible and how?

If anyone can give me the right keyword I'll be able to find it at Cisco's
site by myself, but currently I'm not aware of the right keyword to search
for.

At the moment I'm using VRF (Layer3) to do it. This means I pack two or more
VC's into a VRF. This is working so far, but I'd prefer it without IP.

I'm using a Cisco 7120 with an ATM E3 module:

Line 1

 interface ATM1/0.135 point-to-point

 description xxxxx

 mtu 1500

 ip vrf forwarding xyz

 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252

 pvc 11.57 11/57

  ubr 2300

  oam-pvc manage 2

  oam retry 3 3 3

Line 2

 interface ATM1/0.136 point-to-point

 description xxxxxxxxxxxx

 mtu 1500

 ip vrf forwarding xyz

 ip address 10.10.11.1 255.255.255.252

 pvc 11.56 11/56

  ubr 2300

  oam-pvc manage 2

  oam retry 3 3 3

This two VC's should be bridged directly instead of using IP/VRF. Does
anyone have a solution for that or isn't it possible at all?

As always many thanks in advance!

Frank