[c-nsp] PVC Bridge

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Fri Feb 2 20:25:04 EST 2007

Here's an example from my network, across two different ATM cards on the same
router.  Please note that we consider this to be a hack, and we'd be doing
pseudowire-type stuff if the IOS we're using would only support
cross-connecting two PVCs on the same router.  Another thing to know is that
the fact that the VP/VC matches is just an internal convention we have here;
this should work even if the VP/VC mismatches.

In theory this would also work to bridge an Ethernet VLAN and an ATM PVC, but
we haven't tried that yet.  Though we're likely to soon, since we have a need
for that in our network.

bridge crb
!
interface ATM1/0.192 point-to-point