[c-nsp] OT: Cisco 871 Wireless Interface - clients flapping

Bob Fronk bfronk at davishelliot.com
Sat Feb 3 13:16:49 EST 2007

I have recently purchased  some Cisco 871W routers for remote sites.
They connect via DSL or cable and VPN to a Cisco VPN Concentrator.

Everything is working, however, the wireless clients will drop on and
off causing a brief interruption of the connection.  Windows indicates
that the wireless connection is not available, then a few seconds later
it will reconnect.   This causes Outlook to go offline, downloads get
interrupted, RDP sessions get kicked out, and so on.

I have turned on Dot11 radio debug and see several errors.  See below.

I am not a Cisco guru and before spending any time with Cisco support, I
thought I would post this and see if any one has any experience with
this.

Thanks.

Bob.

Debug shows the following: (over and over)

mh_driver_frame_rx: clnt 000e.35d2.8b17 in psp

DOT11 EVENT: Client PSP mode on

mh_driver_frame_rx: clnt 000e.35d2.8b17 out psp

DOT11 EVENT: Client PSP mode off

mh_driver_frame_rx: clnt 000e.35d2.8b17 in psp

DOT11 EVENT: Client PSP mode on

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.