[c-nsp] Cisco 877 and Alcatel DSLAM

Mike Andrews mandrews at bit0.com
Mon Feb 5 13:47:53 EST 2007

Per Carlson wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 06:47:35PM +0300, Rivo Tahina RAZAFINDRATSIFA wrote:
>
>> Do the Alcatel DSLAM need anything else in config?
>
> We have had success with the 12.4(9)T relase towards Alcatel DSLAMs. Not
> sure if those were a 7302 or not though. With 12.4(11)T you also get rid
> of that nasty vlan database.
>
> Not sure about the stability in 11T, it blew up in my face last time I
> tried. But that were with some creative config like L2TP
> Client-initiated tunneling.

I haven't had any issues with Alcatel and the 877.  Maybe experiment
with the "dsl operating-mode" command?

I have, however, confirm the same massive stability problems with
12.4(11)T on the 877W... it reboots every 15-20 minutes for me.
12.4(9)T is fine.  The traceback addresses / PC register are the same in
every crashinfo file, though the current running process is not always
the same.  So it's clearly a bug, I just can't tell what feature
triggers it yet.

I also tried 12.4(11)XJ and had the same stability issues there; not
surprising as it's based on 12.4(11)T... :)

I'm going to try to find time this week to open a TAC case and get back
to troubleshooting it.

--
Mike Andrews  *  mandrews at bit0.com  *  http://www.bit0.com
It's not news, it's Fark.com.                  Carpe cavy!