[c-nsp] Cisco 877 and Alcatel DSLAM

Mike Andrews mandrews at bit0.com
Mon Feb 5 23:26:00 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Justin Shore wrote:

> Mike Andrews wrote:
>> I haven't had any issues with Alcatel and the 877. Maybe experiment
>> with the "dsl operating-mode" command?
>>
>> I have, however, confirm the same massive stability problems with 12.4(11)T
>> on the 877W... it reboots every 15-20 minutes for me. 12.4(9)T is fine.
>> The traceback addresses / PC register are the same in every crashinfo file,
>> though the current running process is not always the same.  So it's clearly
>> a bug, I just can't tell what feature triggers it yet.
>>
>> I also tried 12.4(11)XJ and had the same stability issues there; not
>> surprising as it's based on 12.4(11)T... :)
>>
>> I'm going to try to find time this week to open a TAC case and get back to
>> troubleshooting it.
>>

> Did the (11)T1 also exhibit the same problem?

I didn't know 12.4(11)T1 was out until you mentioned it.  :)

So far it seems to have fixed the crashes, yep.  We'll see how it does
overnight.

Back to the original poster's problem, 12.4(11)T1 still has the older
Alcatel firmware, so you might try getting 3.0.10 from the FTP site I
mentioned earlier.

Mike Andrews  *  mandrews at bit0.com  *  http://www.bit0.com
It's not news, it's Fark.com.                  Carpe cavy!