[c-nsp] 7206VXR Big CPU Increase After 12.4 Upgrade

Mark Taylor maillist at smashie.ision.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 12:31:20 EST 2007

For the benefit of the list and archives, we went back to 12.3.22 yesterday
and our CPU levels dropped back to more like the previous levels.

The "%IF-4-BACKWARD_COUNTERS" have also disappeared since we went back to
12.3.

Would recommend staying with 12.3 if you don't need a specific feature of
12.4 as it is slightly more resource hungry (around 15 percent higher at
just over 200Mbps in our experience).

Thanks to everyone for their assistance,
Mark.