[c-nsp] Cisco 3640 Config

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Feb 8 13:15:51 EST 2007

Dave Gano wrote:

> "For those reselling DSL - how many customers / L2TP tunnels are you are
> able to
> do on a single Device?  What kind of hardware setup are you running?  We are
> running a 3640 with the latest 12.3 IP Plus and seeing a limit of 40.  Is
> this
> right? "

I know of 2620 non XM that are terminating a couple hundred l2tp tunnels.

So no, it sounds wrong.

That being said, tunnel limits depend on the platforms idb limits (which
are probably 2048 for non BRAS devices) and more importantly, on the
pps/mbps the platform supports.

You can configure limits depending on the exact features you are
using/ios version you have.